We may earn a commission if you click on a link, but at no extra cost to you. Read our disclosure policy for information.
Are you having problems finding the right rainwater water filter?
Well, here is a list that can help you make your choice.
Many a time, most people think that rainwater is pure and that it has no contaminants or any effluents.
However, this notion is not valid because ideally, the air has some contaminants in the form of gaseous emissions.
Additionally, the reservoirs and storage tanks used in rainwater harvesting may contain some metallic compounds that are toxic to the health of a human being.
These may lead to chronic health conditions such as cancerous tumors.
- IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR FAVORITE PICKS…
- 10 Best Water Filters For Rainwater Reviewed
- 1. Yosoo 3/4 Inch Screen Irrigation Filter,Stainless Steel Screen Inline Filter, Mesh Conditioning...
- 2. Etekcity Water Filter Straw
- 3. HQUA-TWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer Filter
- 4. Aqua Rainwater Filter Model 303
- 5. Good Ideas RW40-OAK Rain Wizard Rain Barrel 40-Gallon, Oak
- 6. Survivemate Portable Water Filter
- 7. Filbur FC-2385 Antimicrobial Replacement Cartridge
- 8. pH Recharge 3F Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine – Countertop Water Filter Purifier Dispenser –...
- 9. iSpring F7-GAC For Standard 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis
- 10. Sawyer Products SP128 Mini Water Filtration System, Single, Blue
- How To Filter Rainwater?
- Final Thoughts
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR FAVORITE PICKS…
Last update on 2022-05-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Best Water Filters For Rainwater Reviewed
Hence, this calls for the need to install rainwater water filters in households.
1. Yosoo 3/4 Inch Screen Irrigation Filter,Stainless Steel Screen Inline Filter, Mesh Conditioning...
Fiskars Company enthused to innovate tools that are easy to use to make its clients more satisfied developed this water filter.
It comes with connector hose, filter downspouts couplers whose measurements are 2 by 3 and 3 by 4 each and a barrel connector.
All these features make it more comfortable in the collection, dispensation, and storage of water.
Its base diverter accommodates a downspout of 3 by 4 inches.
Its design can aid in redirecting water after overflowing.
This downspout makes sure that the base foundation is protected.
It also makes sure that debris doesn’t find its way into the barrel.
It has an easily adjustable filter that is removable for cleaning when sediments are trapped.
It is suitable for more torrential rains due to its enhanced capture rate.
It has a transparent cover that helps in determining whether cleaning is required.
Pros & Benefits:
- Suitable during more torrential rains because of its enhanced capture rate
- It helps in the prevention of base foundation from the overflow destruction
- Its design has two outputs that enable the installation of water barrels on either side of the diverter
- Debris can never find their way into the water barrel
This rain water water filter design can be suited for outdoor activities such as Hiking.
Using this equipment, an individual can take no 1500L of rain water.
This equipment can appropriate for different purposes such as pre-filtration, portable water storage, and filter extension.
It has a structure fitted with activated carbon that removes and lousy odor which might be a result of organic chemical substances.
The inside hollow part of it has an inline membrane wrapped all round that filters any microbial organisms that are water-related.
Etekcity is 99.999% effective in eliminating contaminants in personal water for consumption.
It has a foldable water bag with a capacity of 480ML water for drinking.
Syringe backwash device that aids in unblocking when clogging happens.
It has an Extension tube to make it easily reach water: Pre-filter and 4 X PP Cotton pad to remove and form of contaminant.
Pros & Benefits:
- Guaranteed safety because the kit has been subjected to testing and met EPA standards for water quality
- Has accessories that anybody can depend on foldable water bag, extension tube, and syringe backwash device
- Has the ability to filter large amounts of water
- It can filter up to 1500L of water
- Portability – the kit is more comfortable to carry to any destination and is suitable for hikers
- Advanced technology in water filtration
- It has an ion-exchange resin that removes any traces of carbon
- The 4F inline membrane helps in the removal of the form of bacteria that is waterborne
This rainwater water filter requires the assembly of components do make a fully functional system.
No form of chemicals is added to the water to aid in purification.
Hence, no alteration of water characteristics such as a change in taste, odor, or even pH value that happens.
It aids in conserving the environment as there are not emission that may pollute the surrounding.
It makes use of a UV lamp that disinfects the water by killing all the bacteria and the viruses.
The ultraviolet bulb has a life of 9000hrs before it becomes faulty and inefficient.
The quart sleeve makes sure that the transmission of UV light emitted is of a high percentage to kill the pathogens.
It’s 99.9% effective in water filtration.
As the water runs through a chamber that is stainless made of steel, it moves past a UV build that does the sterilization work.
The UV light emitted by the lamp denatures the DNA microbial organisms which make then not to propagate and instead die.
Once the germs get killed, the water is safe for drinking.
It’s fitted with an Electronic Ballast that plays the controlling.
It links the UV lamp and the power source.
The green illumination signal depicts that the system is functional while the red one shows that some faults exist.
Pros & Benefits:
- Enhances environmental conservation as there are no effluent by-products released into the environment
- Maintenance of the actual taste of water and there are no traces of chlorine in the water
- The use of UV sterilization ensures 99.9% removal of microbes that might be dangerous for human health
- Reduced maintenance as there are no chemical costs required
- It makes use of UV light from a bulb
- Installation costs are less as it requires connection of cheap and readily accessible equipment
This another standard technique used in rainwater filtration.
It makes no use of either electricity or chemical mixture in the treatment of water.
Instead, it applies the law of gravity in water purification during the course of rainwater harvesting.
Water runs at the base of the system by gravity where it lasses through 3 plates made of ceramic which have tiny pores.
This rainwater water filter makes water to be crystal clear for household consumption.
This method of water filtration simulates the earth’s formula for filtering water.
They also fitted small particles of carbon that aid in purification.
Besides that, it has self-sterilizing metal made from silver that kills any form of microorganism in the water.
The system can filter up to 3 gallons of water and one-hour half a gallon.
Pros & Benefits:
- It’s less expensive since it doesn’t involve electricity or chemical reagents
- Thus, it can be said to be environmentally friendly
- Filters are long-serving as they cleaned for between 50-100 days before replacement happens
- It filters water thoroughly go to ensure lousy taste, odor, and pathogens eliminated
For domestic purposes, this has been in use for many years to collecting rainwater and its storage that’s later used on the farm.
Others have converted them to store water for drinking.
Its made with darkened ribs that make them attractive and comes with various colors from which consumers can choose from to blend with the yard.
It’s fitted with a screen that has tiny perforations to filter particles, small animals, and dead insects.
The barrel has a capacity of up to 50 gallons of water used in the households.
It’s fitted with a quality spigot made from brass that makes it possible to hook up a hosepipe.
It has a round shape that makes it withstand splitting during winter.
Its made of quality resin that protects it from intense UV light hence, increasing its durability.
It can as be integrated with other barrels to increase water holding capacity.
It works with all standard downspouts of measurement 2 by 3 and 3 by 4 inches.
Pros & Benefits:
- It’s cheaper to maintain as it’s not complicated with easy to use features
- It’s fitted with darkened ribs that make look more attractive while in the yard
- It can be linked with other rainwater barrels which increases the amount of stored
- The filter screen helps in preventing debris and other humus from infiltrating
- It has an additional feature – flattened back
- This feature helps in making it have a flash alignment with external walls increasing its stability
- This type of barrel is beneficial because it has a capacity of 50 gallons of rainwater that a household can enjoy either by farming or drinking
This rainwater water filter is a straightforward machine that is portable and used in water purification.
It is mainly suitable for emergencies such as disasters where clean water is not available, hiking, traveling, and hunting.
Rainwater can as well be filtered using this machine.
Its handle is well reinforced and hard that no amount of physical effort exerted by hand can damage it.
The attached cup has been made from Tritan which cannot be destroyed, hydrolyzed, and high temperatures cannot interfere with its appearance.
Its filter can only get cleaned once the rate of flow if the water lowers.
Three main stages are involved in water purification.
This pre-filter is the first stage of water filtration.
It’s a process repeated several times to remove any debris that might come to the machine.
It has PP cotton fitted at the end whose end gets dipped into the source of rainwater.
This coconut shell stage eliminates odor and any traces of chlorine from water.
It makes use of activated carbon to make water safe for consumption.
The heavy metals that are harmful to human health as well removed at this stage.
This stage is 99.9% effective and uses medical fiber as a membrane that propagates filtration.
Pros & Benefits:
- Survival is quick and straightforward to use the machine
- It directly siphons water from the source and pumps it clean into an empty vessel
- It has been fitted with an anti-skip, a feature that makes it steady while pumping water
- This material is designed at the bottom as well as on the sides
- This design affects its durability
- Useful for outdoor activities as it turns rainwater into portable clean water
- Triple purification makes it more productive more than any form of the filtration process
- The high rate of water flow as it can pump up to 1400ml/min and carbon filter is used that is replaceable can be used to pump 3000L before it gets replaced with a new one
This rainwater water filter has a structure made with Reemay filter material and polyurethane caps on both ends that are long-lasting.
These aids in making sure that harmful bacteria don’t have a breeding place around the cartridge.
The absence of these pathogens plays a significant role in eradicating lousy odor in the water and other dangerous contaminants.
It has a structure molded with several threads that have no loose part.
The durability of the antimicrobial goes hand in hand with that of the cartridge.
This filter that makes up the round is simple to clean than any other type of filter.
The polyester part of it makes it hard, reliable, and more durable.
It has centers made of PVC which are strengthened and extruded.
Its other features such as numerous bands that act as break-resistant.
Besides, it doesn’t require any pads for its practical functionality.
Pros & Benefits:
- The polyester material makes its performance a high standard which makes us suitable for use in spas
- The strengthened antimicrobial caps on both sides help eliminate pathogens which cause the water to have a bad odor
- This filter can easily get cleaned than any other screen
- It’s is cheap to maintain
This pH filter is a powerful equipment that can be used to ionize rainwater and be safe for drinking.
It has a high-performance capacity to eliminate are elements such as Caroline and fluoride and adds other minerals such as calcium.
It has the capability of filtering 360 liters of rainwater per PHOO1 filter.
Hence, it saves an individual 720 bottles of water that has been filtered which can be equated to $1080 at an approximated cost of $1.50 on each bottle.
It saves space both at the office and at homes because no machine is needed to connect to the tap.
It has an improved filter PH002 Ultrafiltration Membrane Filter which makes it useful.
Pros & Benefits:
- It purifies water from any form sentiments such as sand and other impurities
- It helps in eliminating heavy metals such as lead and another element which include chlorine
- It furthermore aids in the supply of other minerals such as calcium hence remineralizing the water
- It enhances the taste as well as the odor of the water
- It disintegrates water molecules into particle patterns which are easily absorbed by the body cells and bettering the hydration process
This iSpring water filter comes with a pack comprising of 7 screens which include 2 granular carbon, 2 carbon filters, 2 sediments, and 1 post-carbon.
All these filters work to make sure that the water has a good taste and safe for consumption.
It’s connected with the faucet that supplies the water for consumption.
This process is the starting process of the RO system where debris is eliminated from water hence minimizing a large number of contaminants.
This solid contaminant might cause blockage of the system.
It gets replaced when 6 months are over.
Granular Activated Carbon Filter
This process attracts and absorbs any form of organic substances and chlorine.
This activity is possible because of its capacity to mechanically and physically absorb those contaminants.
It efficiently eliminates bad smell and enhances the taste the water.
It gets replaced after 6 months.
Carbon Block Filter
This process ensures the 2 staged effectiveness by removing any traces of contaminants that were not efficiently absorbed.
Traces of chlorine and fluoride as well get eliminated at this stage.
Similarly, it gets replaced after 6 months.
Post Carbon Filter
This is the last stage of the RO system to remove any traces of contaminants that might have been collected in the tank before the release of pure water.
Being the final stage of the filtering process, the water is sparkling clear free from any contaminants and safe for human consumption.
This filter can take 12 months to get replaced.
Pros & Benefits:
- It comes with an annual filter pack of 7 filters that can get replaced
- This pack creates an assurance of safe and tasty water throughout
- It’s easy to use and maintain as only the replacement of filters is done
- It serves to remove any sediments that might cause any clogging of the system and, in return, delivers particle-free
This filter can be suited for outdoor activities carried out for recreational purposes such as scouting, camping, and hiking.
It is also suitable for emergencies as well as international and domestic traveling.
Hence, rainwater water can be trusted using this equipment.
It comes with a squeezable pouch, a filtration system, a water filtration system, hydration packs and, standard disposable water bottles.
It has an inline filter that is very light and high-performance and gives better results as far as filtration is concerned.
The screen has small pores of 0.1 microns which make sure that no harmful species find its way into the body system of a human being.
Its fiber membranes get well encased to protect them from physical damage.
This enclosure also increases its high performance.
It’s 99.9% in the filtration of pathogens such as bacteria and protozoa.
Bacterium salmonella and protozoa cryptosporidium are among the microbial organism filtered by this system.
This system can filter up to 100,000 gallons.
Pros & Benefits:
- It offers safe drinking water because it is taken into 3 testing processes before being dispatched into the market
- This triple process guarantees consumers of water quality that can’t endanger their lives
- It has a high filter rate of up to 100,000 gallons of water
- It has a high filtration percentage of pathogens
- Its filtration efficiency percentage is 99.9%
Having analyzed all the above 10 best water rainwater water filter I would recommend the consumers to opt for the Aqua Rainwater Filter model.
This because it is very effective in purification of rainwater as it used natural gravity for water to flow at the base of the System.
Similarly, it requires minimal maintenance and the activated carbon helps to eliminate any bad odor from the water.
It also has a high capacity for filtering for garden use and household use.
Survivemate Portable Water Filter is another option of water filter that I would recommend consumers to use in filtering rainwater.
This is because of its portability feature.
This rainwater water filter can be used in many instances such as household usage, outdoor activities such as international and domestic traveling, hiking, scouting, and camping.
It has a high performance when it comes to water purification and filtration.
Its 3 step water filtration makes it to be more effective and efficient.
It successfully eliminates all the contaminants such as heavy metal sediments and particles.
The bad smell that may be associated with rainwater is removed by the use of activated granular carbon and a good taste for the water is developed.
This filter is recommendable because of its high rate of water flow and can be used to filter large amounts of water.
However, this doesn’t disqualify the effectiveness and efficiency of the other rainwater filters described above.
How To Filter Rainwater?
Rain water is the purest form of water, when it is still suspended in the air; purer than the tap water.
But once it falls on the rooftop or the garden or any other rain water collecting surface, it is exposed to all the good and bad elements of nature.
It is not suitable to use rainwater for drinking in this non potable form, and hence it has to be treated and filtered, to make it safe for drinking.
When not in use, the storage tank gathers lot of dirt and sludge.
This can be removed by the use of first flush diverter device, through which the first lot of collected rainwater is used to flush out and clean the storage tank.
The collected rain water in the storage tank is oxygenated at first, filtered with a wire mesh and other filters like the activated carbon block filters, granulated carbon filters, ultraviolet rays or reverse osmosis processes.
After water treatment, the rain water is fit for drinking.
This process of collecting the rain water and then using it for various purposes is known as rainwater harvesting.
The water filter makes it safer for consumption.
Nonetheless, this depends majorly on the type of rainwater filter that is in use.
The effectiveness of rainwater filters varies depending on the speed of filtering and the type of contaminants.
Hope this article has helped consumers to sound judgment when purchasing water filters.
There exist a variety of rainwater water filter online where consumers can choose from depending on their needs need wants.
However, not all rainwater filters are effective and efficient for consumers to choose from.
The above-described products are the 10 best rainwater filters that can positively impact the lives of people.
Consumers ought to take great precautions while purchasing any rainwater filter as this will shield them against diseases associated with water contaminants.
It is said that cheap is expensive so consumers should not always consider cheap filters as this may incur them other expenses such as maintenance costs.
Furthermore, rainwater water whose spare parts are readily available in the market should be considered.